IS YOUR DIGESTIVE HEALTH SUPPORTING YOUR FERTILITY?
Guest Blog by: Mia Rosingana, Fertility Nutritionist and Owner of Sprouted Nutrition
Digestion is the fundamental component of how we assimilate nutrients from our food and how we eliminate toxins from the body. A healthy digestive track is necessary to utilize every vegetable, fruit, herb and nutritional supplement we take in to our body. This process is particularly important when we are trying to conceive because each and every supportive nutrient going into your body is helping to create the life of an amazing new tiny human. Check out this diagram to understand the complex process of proper digestion.
As you can see, digestion has many processes, and it takes daily attention and care to help it operate at its best. Given our fast pace convenient centered culture this attention is often put at the end of our to do list, and unfortunately, such choices are creating an epidemic of digestive distress and an increase in fertility related issues.
A healthy digestive lining, and the proper balance of gut flora, is necessary for increasing fertility naturally. In fact, imbalances in our digestive health may give rise to infertility conditions including endometriosis, PCOS, uterine fibroids, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and autoimmune related infertility issues, issues with egg quality as well as vaginal problems such as yeast infections (not to mention a host of other general health conditions!).
HOW DOES DIGESTION HAVE SUCH AN IMPACT ON OUR FERTILITY?
OPTIMAL DIGESTION HAS THE ABILITY TO:
• Synthesize vitamins and minerals that are imperative for creating a fertile body
• Change which genes are active in gut cells and what gut bacteria we pass to our children
• Keep harmful bacteria from spreading in the body
• Help prevent infections that can inhibit conception
• Help digest food efficiently bringing balance to our hormones
• Allow us to excrete waste matter that may be toxic to our fertility and baby
PROMOTING OPTIMAL FERTILITY, AND HEALING ALREADY EXISTING FERTILITY ISSUES OFTEN BEGINS IN THE GUT. IN ORDER TO OPTIMIZE HEALTH CHANGES, BE SURE TO FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Fertility cleansing – This is the ultimate process for clearing out harmful toxins and getting you on track for eating for fertility
• Including both prebiotics and probiotics in your daily diet
• Including adequate sources of fiber in your daily diet
• Staying well hydrated throughout the day
• Avoiding foods and substances that aggravate your digestive wellness
• Eating a well balanced diet that includes colorful vegetables, healthy sources of fat, fiber rich carbohydrates and clean sources of protein
Starting October 26th, Denver Holistic Medicine and Sprouted Nutrition will be teaming up to offer a 28-day Cultivating Fertility Cleanse! Mia Rosingana will be leading the cleanse. She is specifically trained in the effects food and nutrients have on the female reproductive system. Cultivating Fertility is a unique, holistic nutritional program formulated to improve hormonal and reproductive health, enhance fertility, optimize pregnancy, and strengthen postpartum health.
Please visit http://www.denverholisticmedicine.com/events/ for more details on this event!
If you have any questions about how you can make changes to support your digestive wellness to increase fertility, or if you are interested in signing-up for the Fall Cultivating Fertility Cleanse with Denver Holistic Medicine and Sprouted Nutrition, please contact us at Denver Holistic Medicine to reserve your spot today!
To learn more about Mia, please visit http://www.denverholisticmedicine.com/our-team/.